Cub Programme for Summer Term 2018
Meeting times are Tuesday and Wednesday 6.45pm to 8.15pm unless otherwise stated in the programme. Some nights are joint meetings for both groups so please check dates and descriptions carefully. Some dates and activities are subject to change.
Please check MyScout for all the latest updates to the programme, and the Future Event Page for activities later in the year. You can add all the latest updates to your diary by using the calendar feed on the MyScout Programme and Events pages.
11th/12th Sept: Welcome back!
- A big welcome back!
- Sorting our sixes and playing plenty of games!
18th/19th Sept: Into the woods!
- Wide games in Stutton woods. Meeting place to follow.
25th/26th Sept: Physical Recreation badge
- Most of the Cubs will be involved in some form of sport – swimming, horse riding, football, rugby, martial arts, tennis, skateboarding, gymnastics ….. so tonight is the chance to
- Tell about your sport, some of its rules etc
- Bring the clothing and equipment that you would use
- Tell us how and when you practise and what training you do
- If you dont belong to a club you could talk about your favourite sports activities at school, what you enjoy, what you find hard and how you have improved.
2nd/3rd Oct: Camp preparation
- Making cutlery bags for those that don’t have them.
- Practice putting up tents
- Axe and saw work
5th to 7th Oct: Group Camp
- This year Group camp will be held at Tamarak campsite, just south of Selby from Friday 5th October to Sunday, 7th October.
- Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers from Tadcaster will be attending.
- Further details and booking forms are available on MyScout
- More details will be available on the Group Camp Page
9th/10th Oct: Disability Awareness
- We will be learning about how people deal with Impaired vision and Guide Dogs for the Blind
12th Oct: Night hike and sleepover
- Please visit MyScout to reserve your place and download the forms.
- As in the past Tadcaster Cubs will be hosting the District Night Hike and Sleepover.
- At a cost of £10 a head we will carry out a 4-5 mile walk, starting from then returning to the Riley-Smith Hall.
- We will then have supper before settling into sleeping bags and watching a film.
- Cubs will be collected at 9am on the Saturday morning, following breakfast.
- Consent form can also be downloaded by clicking here.
16th/17th Oct: Communicator
- Different ways of communicating and talking about our favourite festivals.
23rd/24th Oct: Lego Night
- We will be providing some Lego for the Cubs to make a range of models.
- Those Cubs who have the Collectors album from Sainsburys for the cards may bring these along with any cards they wish to swap. (Please make sure that albums are clearly named.)
- Those whose books are not complete will have the opportunity to swap their cards with others.
- Sainsbury’s have kindly donated us a large number of albums and cards so we will be giving these out and using them during the evening so everyone can join in!
5th Nov: Bonfire Night Stall
- We are expecting to have a stall at Tadcaster magnets Bonfire event as usual.
- Please look out for any requests for help, as well as buying soup, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sweets and toffee apples from us on the night.
6th/7th Nov: Remembrance
- Remembrance for the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1 in preparation for the Remembrance Parade.
11th Nov: Remembrance Parade
- Please see the Remembrance Page for full details
13th/14th Nov: Local Knowledge
- Our local coat of arms and well know local families.
- Getting ready for our Local Knowledge walk.
- We will talk to someone who has lived in Tadcaster for a long time.
- We will also design a poster to advertise Tadcaster.
20th/21st Nov: Local Knowledge Walk
- Meet in central car park, collect from same location.
- A walk around Tadcaster to see historical locations and learn more about our town.
27th/28th Nov: Deck the Halls!
- Making Christmas Decorations for our tree at the Christmas Tree Festival!
- Make sure that you visit the Methodist Church on Sunday to see the finished result.
2nd Dec: Tadcaster Christmas market
- As in the past few years we will have a stall at the Christmas market.
- Please look out for information nearer the time to see how you can help support us.
4th/5th Dec: Surprise!
- We are looking to go out somewhere for the evening and will confirm ASAP
11th/12th Dec: Santa Claus is coming to town!
- Walking round with Santa’s sleigh, collecting money for our Scout Group. get your Santa hats ready!
- The programme for the week will be confirmed nearer the time.
18th/19th Dec: Christmas Movie
- Watching a Christmas movie, as a treat before we break up for the holidays.
- We will have a Fish and Chip supper also.
- More details nearer the time.