Beaver Programme for Autumn Term 2018
Meeting times are Thursday 1815-1930 and Friday 1800-1915 unless otherwise stated in the programme. Some nights are joint meetings for both groups so please check dates and descriptions carefully.
All nights have been created to go towards different badges. If you miss a night please ask your leaders what was missed if you wish to catch up on the badge.
Please check your MyScout pages for the latest programme updates throughout the term, some of the upcoming activities are also on the Future Events Page.
You can add all the latest updates to your diary by using the calendar feed on the MyScout Programme and Events pages.
13th/14th Sept: Welcome back and fun night
- Welcome back.
- Introductions – new members and leaders.
- Fun games and activitities.
20th/21st Sept: Imagination night
Earn your imagnination badges by:
- Telling a story
- Make a story chain
- Model making
- Group painting activity
27th/28th Sept: Tadcaster treasure hunt
- Join us for a treasure hunt around tadcaster.
- Parents requested to help.
- Weather appropriate clothing to be worn.
4th Oct: Cycle night
- This is a joint night for both Thursday and Friday Beavers
- Earn your cycling badge.
- Bring along your bike (must be safe to ride)
- Helmets must be correctly fitting and worn.
- Venue TBC.
6th Oct: Group camp
- Tadcaster group camp Tamarak Campsite Nr Selby.
- Beavers will be staying Saturday night
- Further details and booking forms are available on MyScout
- More details will be available on the Group Camp Page
11th/12th Oct: Cooking night
- Learn how to safely cook., about a balanced diet and prepare and tast some food from camp.
18th/19th Oct: Junk modeling
- Bring along boxes, plastic bottles or anything that you can think of.
- A theme will be chosen and you will build a junk model to match your theme in teams.
- Parents welcome to stay and lend a helping hand.
25th/26th Oct: Halloween activities
- Bring along and pumkin and tools to carve it into a masterpiece.
- Parents are asked to stay and help supervise as sharp knives will be used.
8th/9th Nov: Remembrance
- Poppy making.
- Learn about remembrance.
- Practice marching.
- Make your own medal. Flag bearer will be chosen for Parade on Sunday.
11th Nov: Remembrance Parade
- Please see the Remembrance Page for full details
15th/16th Nov: Disability awareness night
- Learn about disabilities.
- Learn some sign language.
- We are hoping to get someone from Guide Dogs for the Blind to come along.
22nd/23rd Nov: Christmas decorations night
- Come along and make decorations for the scouts christmas tree and your own at home.
1st Dec: Christmas Sleepover
- Some Beavers may stay Friday night, some Saturday night.
- All activities will take place on Saturday with those staying Friday night being picked up late afternoon.
- Those staying Saturday will be picked up Sunday morning.
- A fantastic sleepover with great food, loads of fun and chance to meet Santa.
- More details to follow.
- Numbers will be limited.
6th/7th Dec: Reading night
- Meet and pick up from Tadcaster library.
- A chance to find out about our library and do some fun reading activities.
13th/14th Dec: Santas Sleigh
- Join Santa on his sleigh and raise money for scouts.
- Dates TBC.
20th Dec: Christmas Party
- A Christmas celebration – food and music.